Contributors

Monday 9 June 2014

Reports (SSRS) not working after migration to SharePoint 2013

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Things are so busy! I'm still in the process of migrating to 2013. It's a slow process but we are getting there. The homepage looks crappy but in saying that, it's still no better or worse than the original. Keeping things OOB can be tough to be honest. I am trying to configure Apps at the mo to download some killer apps from the SharePoint App Store so watch this space...

Anyway, I did get a problem the other day when migrating a site over that had some reports in it, SSRS reports. When I tried to open them, I was getting an error with loads of information on it!

Error: For more information about this error, navigate to the report server on the local server machine or enable remote errors.

After a few days of soul searching (soul destroying), we got to the bottom of it. Well, not really. What I did was simply download the reports and upload them again. Obviously the connection info in any data sources would need to be updated but the re-upload worked. Simples. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment