Contributors

Monday 16 December 2013

SP 2010: "SharePoint Sites" folder disappearing

I have had this issue several times lately with a couple of different users. When I refer to the "SharePoint Sites" area, I am talking about that little bit of functionality that allows you to save to SharePoint directly through a webdav folder. This is directly linked to the MySite page for the person in question.

Lately, some of the same users have complained that their links to their libraries are disappearing and then re-appearing with no explanation. I sent out a search party, but it failed!! :)

The first thing I tried was to just remove the links from their SharePoint Sites but this re-presented the problem again. So in order to resolve it, I removed the links and then deleted the "SharePoint Sites" folder from their User directory on the computer altogether.

This seems to have fixed it... until next time anyway :)

If you just created a link, sometimes it takes ages to show up!!! So you can follow this post as well if that problem rears it's horrible webdav head!!!! Lol http://thatssharepoint.blogspot.com/2013/05/disappearing-sharepoint-sites.html

No comments:

Post a Comment